Church Information

St Edward’s Church was built in 1902 in the neo gothic style. 

It is visible from miles around.  There is a very large park across the road, and the southern Pennines are about four miles away.

 The nave has seating for about 400 people.  In 1999, £39,000 was spent on an extensive and urgent (because of public safety) restoration of the tower, another £5,000 was spent in 2015 to strengthen the tower balustrade. The building is Grade II listed.  It is one of two Packer churches in the country.  It has some splendid stained glass windows.

 


The Church History
History of the Church
Open 'The Church History'

Bookmark and Share